We Need You
If you would like to help, please take a moment to complete our volunteer information form.
Want to know what’s going on with the group? Subscribe to our list to receive E-mailed news and information about current events, animals available for adoption and volunteer opportunities.
Our greatest needs
- Foster homes for cats and kittens
- Feed and water cats on campus, food is provided
- Help us trap on campus as needed
- Check on our foster cats at PetCo of Denton
- Wash the cage covers at PetCo, soap is provided
If you can help with any of the above items or need additional information, please call Nancy Kelly at 940-565-4206.
If you have an idea for a fundraiser please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Foster UNT campus cats and kittens, usually on short notice. Fostering kittens could be as long as 4-6 weeks. For adults, sometime longer. For emergency situations, cats may be kept in a spare bedroom or bathroom.
- We need volunteers to assist with trapping cats on campus. Sometimes cats need to be trapped on the same day that they are first seen on campus. We need volunteers that we can call, who can be ready to trap on the same day. No experience required, just a willingness to help. Trapping usually takes about an hour, and may be done during the day or evening depending on the situation. Trappers usually work in groups of 2-3 people. If you would like to help, please let us know what times (in general) you would be available. Contact Janet Feagans at email@example.com.
- Someone to repair cat shelters (Simple carpentry, as needed, on campus)
- Substitute feeders. We can always use substitute feeders willing to help out during holidays, vacations, and other absences.
- Host a garage sale. This involves accepting and storing donated items for about a month before the sale, then hosting the sale with the help of volunteers. The group pays for advertising.
- Experienced grant writer to write grants for the group.